Things to try to relieve chemotherapy nausea symptoms
- Try to have cold or slightly warm food.
- Have several small meals and snacks each day instead of large portions.
- Chew food well.
- Have small meals a few hours before treatment.
- Eat light, bland foods, such as plain toast or crackers.
- Eat before you get hungry.
- Fill your stomach with a large amount of liquid before eating.
- Have too much activity straight after eating.
- Mix hot and cold foods.
- Don’t eat your favourite foods during the time you feel sick.
We strongly advise you to talk with a health care professional about specific medical conditions and treatments. The information on our site is meant to be helpful and educational but is not a substitute for medical advice.