Things to try to relieve chemotherapy nausea symptoms
- Try to have cold or slightly warm food.
- Have several small meals and snacks each day instead of large portions.
- Chew food well.
- Have small meals a few hours before treatment.
- Eat light, bland foods, such as plain toast or crackers.
- Eat before you get hungry.
- Fill your stomach with a large amount of liquid before eating.
- Have too much activity straight after eating.
- Mix hot and cold foods.
- Don’t eat your favourite foods during the time you feel sick.
We strongly advise you to talk with a health care professional about specific medical conditions and treatments. The information on our site is meant to be helpful and educational but is not a substitute for medical advice.
Dr Cohen started her working life as a research scientist and lecturer with over 100 peer-reviewed scientific publications.
She followed a classical scientific career until she left mainstream science in 2000 (which coincided with the birth of her first daughter) to establish the Life Science Communications company, Euroscicon Ltd.
Euroscicon Ltd was her first company (which she sold in 2016).
In 2013 Dr Cohen was diagnosed with Cancer and set up Cancer Care Parcel which provides appropriate gifts for people with cancer.
Dr Cohen is the lead scientific advisor at Optimised Healthcare. A medical profiling company which provides advanced disease prediction, prevention and wellness optimization services.
She also works with and establishes businesses and charities which benefit local, national and international communities.