About our articles
What sort of articles will you accept?
We will accept all types of articles which we believe either
- benefit people with cancer
- are informative to people who do not have cancer
Examples of articles
- Tips on how to treat a person with cancer
- Positive news items related to cancer
- Personal experiences with cancer, either as a patient, carer, relative or friend
- Promising research
Only original articles will be accepted
What articles wont you publish?
We wont publish
- Articles that harm the reputation of another person, group, or organization
- Articles that have been posted elsewhere
- Articles where the author does not own the copyright
- Articles regarding treatments which are not recommended by mainstream medicine. This includes nutritional recommendations.
Will I get credit for my article?
Yes, if you choose, we will credit you with the article and will publish a short biography.
We can also publish your email address and a website address, but will never do this without your approval.
How long will it take for my article to be accepted?
We attempt to publish all our articles within one month of receipt and will email you when the article is published.
If you have not heard from us within one month, or need your article published quickly, please contact us.
Where will my article be posted?
Who will own the copyright of the article?
Anything published on the Cancer Care Parcel website will become the shared property of the author and Cancer Care Parcel.
All articles are published under the creative commons liscence. This means that readers are free to
How do I submit an article?
Please email your article in word format to editor [@] cancercareparcel.co.uk.
Images that you own or copyright free images that fit the article are also very welcome.
About Event Listings
What type of events do you list?
We will list any type of event that we believe will benefit people with cancer, their carers and their friends and family.
This can include, for example
- Fundraising events
- Support events
- Informational events
How long will it take to get my event listed?
We attempt to publish all our events within one month of receipt and will email you when your event is published.
If you have not heard from us within one month, or need your event published quickly, please contact us.
Where will my event listing be posted?
How do I submit an event to be listed?
Please email the following details to events [@] cancercareparcel.co.uk
- Name of event
- Event description
- Brief description
- Long description
- Time and date of event
- Event location including (where appropriate)
- location name
- email address
- phone number
- Organiser details including (where approriate)
- email address
- phone number
- Event website
- Images that belong to you or are copyright free. Your logo is acceptable.
Submitting links to our resources page
What type of links can I submit?
Links to companies, charities and personal pages regarding cancer diagnosis, fundraising, prognosis, support, awareness, treatment, campaigns, personal experiences and research will be considered for publication.
If there is anything not listed here that you think would also be appropriate please contact us and we will discuss this with you.
What type of links will not be published?
We wont publish links to webpages which
- Harm the reputation of another person, group, or organization
- Suggest treatments which are not recommended by mainstream medicine. This includes nutritional recommendations.
Where will my link be published?
How long will it take for my link to be published?
We attempt to publish all links within one month of receipt and will email you when the link is published.
If you have not heard from us within one month, or need your link published quickly, please contact us.
How do I submit a link?
Please email the url you would like us to publish to links [@] cancercareparcel.co.uk
We reserve the right not to post articles, events and links that we do not feel suitable.