How To Submit An Article
All articles must be original and not published elsewhere.
Title: Your title must describe the article in 50–60 characters.
Length: All articles must be greater than 1000 words.
Format: Please send the article in word format.
Article Summary: Up to 155 characters.
Images: You can supply up to five images / photographs that you own the copyright of.
Links: You can have up to three links in the main document per1000 words. We will publish all social media and website links that you supply. Please add these (the full urls) to the end of your document.
About the Author: We need a headshot of the author plus a brief author biography.
Articles We Accept
We will accept all types of articles which we believe either
- benefit people with cancer.
- are informative to people who do not have cancer.
Examples of articles
- Tips on how to treat a person with cancer.
- Positive news items related to cancer.
- Personal experiences with cancer, either as a patient, carer, relative or friend.
- Promising research.
Articles We Wont Publish
We wont publish
- Articles that harm the reputation of another person, group, or organization.
- Articles that have been posted elsewhere.
- Articles where the author does not own the copyright.
- Articles regarding treatments which are not recommended by mainstream medicine. This includes nutritional recommendations.
Credit For Articles
We will credit you with the article and will publish your short biography.
We can also publish social media links and a website address,
Where The Article Will Be Posted
Your article will be published on this website in a section of our Talking About Cancer pages.
In addition, it will be posted on
- Facebook (at least two posts in a year)
- Instagram (two posts in a year)
- Twitter (one post a month for 12 months)
- Pinterest (at least two posts in a year)
And it will go out to all our newsletter subscribers, which is published on the first Monday of each month.
Anything published on the Cancer Care Parcel website will become the shared property of the author and Cancer Care Parcel.
All articles are published under the creative commons liscence.
Time For Article Review And Acceptance
We attempt to read all articles within 14 days. If your article is accepted we will publish it within one month of receipt and will email you when the article is published.
If you have not heard from us within one month, or need your article published quickly, please contact us.
Please send all images, links and text in one email to editor [@] cancercareparcel.co.uk
How To Submit An Event
Events Listings related to cancer should be submitted directly to The International Cancer Event Listings
Events We Will List
We will list any type of event that we believe will benefit people with cancer, their carers and their friends and family or people working in the cancer field.
This can include, for example
- Fundraising events
- Support events
- Informational events
- Scientific or medical research
How Long It Takes To Get Listed
We attempt to publish all our events within one month of receipt.
If you need your event published quickly, please contact us.
How To Submit A Link
Links to UK Cancer related sites should be submitted directly to The UK Cancer Directory
Links That We Publish
Links to companies, charities and personal pages regarding cancer diagnosis, fundraising, prognosis, support, awareness, treatment, campaigns, personal experiences and research will be considered for publication.
If there is anything not listed here that you think would also be appropriate please contact us and we will discuss this with you.
Links We Wont Publish
We wont publish links to webpages which
- Harm the reputation of another person, group, or organization
- Suggest treatments which are not recommended by mainstream medicine. This includes nutritional recommendations.
Time Taken For Publication
We attempt to publish all links within one month of receipt and will email you when the link is published.
If you have not heard from us within one month, or need your link published quickly, please contact us.
We reserve the right to edit all submitions and not to post articles, events and links that we do not feel suitable.