West Hampstead Women’s Centre (WHWC) has provided a supportive, women only space since 1984. Building a brighter future for women, giving us the opportunity to thrive.
We support marginalised women’s journeys, however traumatic, into the mainstream and we work to bring communities together.
For many women just walking into the Centre can be a big step but once they arrive they realise that they are in a safe and supportive environment.
Our aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of West Hampstead Women’s Centre are:
- To promote any charitable purpose for the benefit of women in and around the area known as Camden
- To help with the advancement of education, the protection of health and the relief of sickness and distress
- To promote recreation and leisure activities in the interest of social welfare and in order to improve their quality of life
- To relieve poverty among women in the London borough of Camden by the provision of advice and information about health, welfare, housing and other social benefits
- To provide a welcome to all women from all cultures, ages, backgrounds, beliefs and status
- To offer a place for women to come together to discover their similarities and to learn from their differences
- To provide a safe and supportive space for all women