In 2011 Michael J. Russer was diagnosed with prostate cancer. In this months ‘Coping with Cancer’ he talks about accepting cancer and the positive changes that came with this.
“Given that five other members of my immediate family have perished from various forms of cancer, I did not take this lightly”
In his frank and heart-warming story, Michael talks about the difficult decisions that he had to make and how he found an intimacy that he had not known before his diagnosis.
To read the full article please see
You might also want to see Michael’s TEDx Talk, “Creating Extraordinary Intimacy in a Shutdown World,” at MichaelRusserTEDx.com.
- Cancer Comfort
- How To Choose Useful & Comforting Gifts For…
- How to Embrace Surviving Cancer – A Cancer…
- Cancer Caregivers Need To Take Care Of Themselves Too!
- What to Say & Not to Say to People who have…
- Cancer Rehabilitation: What Every Cancer Survivor…
- Thoughtful And Appropriate Breast Cancer Gifts For Women
- How to talk to your friend with cancer: Advice from…
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter
We strongly advise you to talk with a health care professional about specific medical conditions and treatments. The information on our site is meant to be helpful and educational but is not a substitute for medical advice.